This pattern brings to life the Alpana, a tradition that is as inseparable from the traditions of Durga Puja as Ma Durga herself. In the olden days, the womenfolk would create intricate yet breath-taking motifs using nothing more than their imagination and powdered rice paste and colour. This is Alpana. Today, the tradition of Alpana continues in many different forms. The second pattern of the Sampoorna Durga Puja Tote Bag is a humble, yet eye-catching, tribute to the magic of Alpana.
- Each Tote Bag is completely eco-friendly and keeps alive Ksamah’s commitment to the environment.
- These bags are crafted from laminated jute fabric with an inner layer of cotton fabric for added durability.
- The hand embroideries are made with dolly thread, the handle straps are from cotton tape. A magnetic closure secures the bag’s inner compartment.
- In a nod to the needs of the times, each bag has a small inner chamber to hold a mobile phone or a small purse.
- The bags are light-weight, easy to carry, and can be cleaned conveniently using a wet cloth. Whatever you do, just don’t tumble dry your Ksamah Tote!
Each Ksamah Hand Embroidered – Alpana Tote Bag measures 14.5” (H)*13” (W). What cannot be measured, however, is the joy and cheer the bag will bring to you. Or your near and dear ones, should you decide to gift them one.